The year is coming to a close, but it isn’t quite over yet! I am very honored and excited to have been nominated for the ‘Versatile Blogger Award by Britta whose blog I thoroughly enjoy. I encourage you all to check out her posts!
The stipulations for accepting the award are as follows:
1.Show the award on your blog.
2.Thank the person who nominated you.
3.Share seven facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 blogs.
5.Link your nominee’s blogs & let them know.
I’m never very good about speaking about myself, but here are seven things you may not know about me…
1. I have never traveled outside of the U.S., but I’ve been to over 35 of the states here.
2. My favorite sport to watch is hockey and I’ve been able to attend three games of my favorite team, the Pittsburgh Penguins. My favorite sport to play is soccer. I played for close to 11 years.
3. I was in my first play at age five (I was a polar bear) and had a monologue. Since then I’ve been involved in over thirty productions in some capacity, including assistant directing a play festival.
4. It has always been a dream to see my writing in print. I recently submitted a poem to a county publication and it was accepted. My poem should appear in print in an upcoming 2015 issue!
5. I have written two plays and have been able to see both of them performed.
6. My secret dream was to become a singer when I was little. I sing all the time and most of the time I don’t even know I’m doing it.
7. Despite having a parent in the military, I have only ever remember living in one state.
I nominate the following blogs for the ‘Versatile Blogging Award:’
1. The Haunted Lullaby- Jarrod always writes a variety of engaging and poignant posts that include poetry, pictures, and thoughts on life. I always look forward to his next post.
2. Writing in Airplanes- I enjoy the captivating and beautifully written pieces Daniel shares on his blog.
3. Michael T. Coe- Michael always posts short inspirational pieces that always brighten my day.
4. O at the Edges- Robert’s blog contains a unique and engaging blend of photography and poetry.
5. Cape Cod: A Journey Through the Eyes of a Naturalist- I absolutely love the photography Sean posts alongside his poetry.
6. redgladiola– This blog by T. wong is always filled with beautiful thoughts, imagery, and poetry.
7. 2 Helpful Guys- I only recently discovered hits blog, but check it out when I need an extra dose of positivity.
8. Another Bad Conversation– This blog provides an interesting perspective on a variety of topics and the author writes poetry as well as longer thoughtful pieces.
9. Before I Became a Great Writer- Dante’s poems always pull me in. His pieces are very well written and offer unique perspectives.
10. Charlotte Cuevas, Author– Charlotte has many poems to share! She is one of the most prolific writers I follow!
11. H. Squires Novels- Heather finds amusing images and quotes that illustrate many universal truths all writers encounter.
12. sethsnap- Seth posts absolutely beautiful photographs of the world around him.
13. Retkon Poet- Nicholas posts thought provoking poetry on a regular basis.
14. J.C. L. Faltot– Josh writes thoughtful posts on a number of subjects including education, writing, marketing, publishing, and thoughts on being a writer.
15. Storytime with John– John’s blog contains a variety of humorous posts on travel and life.
I want to thank Britta again for the nomination as well as all of you who read my blog. Your views, comments, and your posts have made an enormous impact on me in 2014. I look forward to sharing 2015 with you all.
Happy New Year!!